5 Movies About Writers
I as an aspiring writer myself always find solace in watching movies about other writers. There is something tremendously comforting in knowing that I am not the only person to burn with worlds and peoples waiting to be set down on paper. Below I’ve created a list of my favorite movies about writers. Please, feel free to share any others that you have watched any felt inspired by.
1. Bright Star—Two young lovers who can’t be together? And one of them is a poet? Oh, yes please. A bit more slow-paced, this movie is desperately romantic and is all about Keats and his muse.
2. Becoming Jane—Anne Hathaway stars as the brilliant Miss Jane Austen in this charming movie.
3. Miss Potter—This movie about Beatrix Potter is simply magical and may make you tear up.
4. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Netflix)—Not a movie about an real-life writer, but I enjoyed the romance, the plot, and the way in which the main character falls in love.
5. Tolkien—This movie is less about Tokien’s works and more about Tokien as a young man, and the influences in his young life that helped to shape his Lord of The Rings trilogy.
I am always searching for movies about authors, so if you have any recommendations, please share! I love hearing from my readers.